
I cannot put my finger exactly on what it is.
But it has been an oddly deep week.
Not a bad one.
Not bad at all.
But like something is happening deep inside that I can't see, can't define and yet I am stirred by.
As if there were an internal shift going on inside me.
And I cannot engage it but only just "be" and let God do His God-thing, as it were.
There are moments when I just want to shake it off and get my wound-up, hyper-active side back out.
Yet I feel I may lose something if I don't just allow it.
Not that I am unhappy or not engaging with my friends.
I do engage if drawn out by someone.
But I am not instinctively outside of myself right now.
Just something deep.
If I think about it, it's like when I am learning something new.
Like a language....or fencing.
I look at it, study it, do it, bury myself in the "culture" surrounding it...
.....and then one day I stop and just sit. I let it soak in, in a sense.
I don't read, practice, talk about it or engage it in any way.
I just let it go and allow all the previous work to soak in.
And then suddenly, I settle and the change is wrought.
And I realize I have attained that "stage".
Life goes back to normal, I re-engage and keep going.
It's like that.
Only it's a God-thing.
So, I guess something I have been praying for, longing for or that God wants to do in my inner man is shifting.
I'm in a spiritual "soaking" week.
Hm.
Fun.
So, then, whatever He has wrought in me will be established and I will soon go back to "normal".
Whew. ;)
But it has been an oddly deep week.
Not a bad one.
Not bad at all.
But like something is happening deep inside that I can't see, can't define and yet I am stirred by.
As if there were an internal shift going on inside me.
And I cannot engage it but only just "be" and let God do His God-thing, as it were.
There are moments when I just want to shake it off and get my wound-up, hyper-active side back out.
Yet I feel I may lose something if I don't just allow it.
Not that I am unhappy or not engaging with my friends.
I do engage if drawn out by someone.
But I am not instinctively outside of myself right now.
Just something deep.
If I think about it, it's like when I am learning something new.
Like a language....or fencing.
I look at it, study it, do it, bury myself in the "culture" surrounding it...
.....and then one day I stop and just sit. I let it soak in, in a sense.
I don't read, practice, talk about it or engage it in any way.
I just let it go and allow all the previous work to soak in.
And then suddenly, I settle and the change is wrought.
And I realize I have attained that "stage".
Life goes back to normal, I re-engage and keep going.
It's like that.
Only it's a God-thing.
So, I guess something I have been praying for, longing for or that God wants to do in my inner man is shifting.
I'm in a spiritual "soaking" week.
Hm.
Fun.
So, then, whatever He has wrought in me will be established and I will soon go back to "normal".
Whew. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment